Update: As of March 26, 2020, per Haywood County order, the Red Leaf River Inn will be temporarily closed for leisure travel. The closure will last until May 8, 2020. If you are traveling as an emergency worker and need lodging or are a local frontline worker looking for alternative housing, please call us at 828-283-0763 for assistance.
There are a few things we knew we had to have when we opened our bed and breakfast: really comfortable beds, amazing, made from scratch breakfasts, and an unwavering and fastidious “commitment to clean.”
While these have always been our commitments, with recent concerns about the Covid-19 outbreak, we thought it would be a good time to share the specific ways we commit to clean, as well as some updates over changed practices.
- The average room takes us an hour to clean. The cottage takes almost 2 hours
- All linen is removed and washed between each guest, even unused towels and the duvet covers.
- We use zippered mattress and pillow encasements that are breathable but impermeable to liquids and allergens which means even your mattress gets washed!
- We use unscented and all natural cleaners where ever possible but this outbreak has got us stepping up our bleach game. Every cleaner we currently use is specifically indicated for Covid-19.
- We regularly disinfect all touch surfaces in the rooms and common areas including table tops, chairs, bedframes, luggage racks, door handles, remote controls, picture frames, lamps, and clocks.
- We use disposable gloves and handwashing when going being between “dirty” and “clean” items
- Any non cleanable items such as extra toilet paper or disposable coffee cups are now being kept at a minimum so they can be disposed of between guests. Need more? Just ask!
- In the kitchen we use a quaternary sanitizer to for countertops and large dishes and the sanitize cycle on the dishwasher for tableware
- We are licensed and annually inspected by the local health department.
- Both your Innkeepers are ServSafe certified food handlers (which means we were washing our hands before it was cool!)
Changes and Enhancements
- Due to concerns over social distancing, we will be offering a room service option until at least the end of April. Guests may choose their breakfast and service time the night before and will receive their breakfast delivered to their door in disposable to go containers.
- As of 3/17/20, all restaurant dining rooms in North Carolina have closed. We offer a three course dinner option for $25 per person or, we are extending our business traveler’s special to any length of stay. Opt for a simplified breakfast and get a one course dinner with protein and sides included in your room price. One course dinners can be served in your room or in the dining room. Three course dinners must be served in the dining room
- We have a seven day cancellation policy. If you are cancelling within the seven days for any reason related to Covid-19, we will issue you a credit for the cost of your stay, good to use on any stay within the next year. Credits are transferrable but not refundable.
CDC Covid-19 Recommendations
- Wash your hands often, with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after your have been in a public place
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that is at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care
- The CDC does not specifically restrict domestic travel unless you are high risk, you will be in close contact with others during the trip (i.e., on an airplane), or are travelling from, to, or through an area where Covid-19 is rapidly spreading.
We will remain open until and unless closures are suggested for our area. While travel may not always be a safe option for you during this time, we hope that when it is, you will consider a bed and breakfast like ours for your stay. Unlike a hotel, we have just five rooms so you will be naturally around fewer people and unlike an AirBnB, we are licensed and educated about proper disinfection and sanitization. Most importantly, as a family owned business (located in our home!), we have a serious interest in keeping our rooms clean and you safe. Don’t forget – here, you are home.
Your Innkeepers – Victor, Alex, and Nikolas