Welcome back, North Carolina! Many of you know that we have been closed since March 27 in an effort to slow the spread of Covid-19 in the Western North Carolina Mountains. The county of Haywood voted earlier this week to stop requiring quarantine for out of state travelers and the State of North Carolina is scheduled to begin Phase 1 of our reopening plan at 5pm on Friday, May 8.
So what does this mean for us? It means we get to welcome y’all back to the mountains! There are definitely some changes and guidelines to keep in mind as you plan your getaway, though –
- Phase One means we are still under a stay at home order, so restaurants are still doing take out only, most retail is closed or open with limitations, and most attractions are still closed. Cloth masks are suggested for when you will be within 6 feet of other people. Social Distancing guidelines are also still in effect.
- Phase One is expected to last 2-3 weeks, but depending on how our infection numbers change, we could stay in Phase One for more or less time, or even revert back to stricter guidelines. We always offer free cancellation if its more than 7 days before check in and will, of course, waive any fees if your stay has to be cancelled due to stay at home orders.
- Haywood County has stopped its stay at home so we are operating under state guidelines. Neighboring counties may have their own orders with stricter guidelines so please make sure you are aware of any orders before you plan day trips.
- Nearby parks including Great Smoky Mountains National Park are beginning to reopen certain roads and trails. Picnic areas, bathrooms, and many secondary roads will continue to be closed for the time being.
- Please continue to follow CDC guidelines – don’t travel while sick, wash your hands, and social distance when possible.
- We have always prided ourselves on our cleanliness. We will continue to clean to our exacting standards with the addition of
- Wiping down common area contact surfaces multiple times a day
- Offering “no frills” rooms with removal of all throw pillows,bed saddles, and other non essential décor on request
- Contactless check in option – your on file credit card will be charged at 3pm on the day of your check in and check in instructions will be emailed or texted to you
- In room dining – select meal options by 8pm the night before and get breakfast delivered to your room in disposable containers
- Online room book – scan the QR code in your room to access information about the Inn and area
We thank you for all of your support during this time. We hope you and your family are staying safe and we hope to see you again soon. Remember, when you are here, you’re home!